04 Jan Coworking Companies Flock to Medellin
Embark is heading to South America in February 2017 with a talented group of location independent professionals. We provide the accommodation, workspace, community and events so that you can focus on what matters to you.
And Embark isn’t the only remote working travel company to make Medellin home for February though. Joining Embark in Medellin will be Unsettled and Nomad House and just departing Medellin will be Wifi Tribe. So what is the deal? Why has Medellin become such a hotspot for digital nomads and remote working groups?
Below are the Top 10 reasons that Medellin is the place to be if you’re a remote worker.
- The Inspiration. Visiting a country like Colombia that has undergone so much positive change will inspire new ideas and new ways of thinking.
- The Networking. Innovative tech and digital nomad cultures merge with friendly local (Paisa) culture to create a collaborative, dynamic and productive networking scene.
- The Food. The El Poblado, Provenza and Laurales areas are famous for the countless restaurants, cafes and bars–and going out here won’t break the bank.
- The Vibe. The people of Medellin are what make this a truly incredible city to visit…the locals are welcoming, friendly and, dare we say, really attractive.
- The Possibilities. Take the cable cars to the barrios, stroll through the many famous parks and plazas, or do something a bit more daring, like paragliding over the city.
- The Surroundings. Visit Lake Guatape or hop on a plane to check out the beach of Cartagena for less than $100 roundtrip.
- The Weather. Medellin is known as the City of Eternal Spring and February is one of the best times to be
- The Barranquilla Carnival. One of the biggest carnivals in the world and we will be in Medellin for this!
- The Value of the US Dollar. The US Dollar and the Euro go a long way in Colombia! If you earn your dollars in the Northern Hemisphere and spend them in the Medellin, you can live an incredible lifestyle.
- The Adventure. Medellin is a bit off the beaten track and that’s exactly what makes this city so cool.